Thursday, August 22, 2013

The last one...

My last one started school this past Tuesday. It was bittersweet. I so enjoyed having this first born of mine home these past 4 years but it was time to move on to a new chapter...school again. She was thrilled and has had a fabulous first week. I will always treasure that time with her at home. I got to see how my child learns, how she organizes, her strengths and weakness, her determination and self-guiding spirit. It was a joy to be her "teacher" if only for a point in time. I will miss having my oldest around, my buddy. I love this girl and her heart. She is not only my daughter but my friend. She transitioned beautifully into this new phase and that made me so very happy! As I dropped her off Tuesday morning, I must confess I had a few tears. Why? I think I envisioned 3 years from now, which WILL fly by, dropping her off at college......how did the years go by so fast? As I kissed Jaida, my 1st grader, goodnight that evening with her toothless smile, flower nightgown, and stuffed animals lining her pillow, my mind raced back to 9 years ago. Julia looked like this, and now......now as I hugged my little 6 year old a bit tighter and lingered a bit longer, I caught  a whiff of Julia's perfume still on my shoulder. She is all grown up, almost. Jaida will be too....sooner than I realize. A reminder to enjoy the days with my children, even the tiring ones. They go by so very fast! Grateful this week to be a mom, ok a sometimes frazzled mom, to 5 treasured gifts! Thank you Lord for the gift of children.


No comments:

Post a Comment