Friday, May 14, 2010

One month ago today........


One month ago today our little boy walked into our arms! It seems like a lifetime ago. So much has happened and he has changed so much! He has gone from a screaming, thrashing (have to say not likable at all times) kid to an absolute sweet heart. He is kind, gentle-hearted, loving, smart, funny, and easy to get along with. He is picking up English well and communicates more with gestures now instead of full on Chinese. The tantrums are a thing of the past-oh please stay that way! He does follow me EVERYWHERE! Think shadow-that is him. I guess he is curious and may be afraid I will disappear? It is challenging to handle at times. I am still adjusting to life with 4 kids-mostly life with 2 toddlers/preschoolers who compete for my attention CONSTANTLY!!!!!! It will get better though-or at least I hope it does. He really has adjusted beautifully and much quicker than we thought. We are all falling in love with him and his sweet endearing ways! He seems to love his new family and we feel blessed to have him as a part of us. We believe he was well cared for and loved because he really is very loving and kind. That can only mean he was shown those qualities. Thank you Lord for answered prayers!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to say hi! Jan B. told me about you this weekend while we were at the Women of Joy conference (she used my phone to call you about the SCC necklaces.)

    She was telling me all about you and things we had in common and then I asked if you blogged too and she said yes and told me where to find you online!

    You have a beautiful family.
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't believe it's been a month. i have been thinking of you guys constantly. I am adding photos to Nadia's little "china friends" album of our trip and reunions.

    ReplyDelete