Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday Jaida



These "glasses" were a hit...shhh they aren't real!









Happy 5th birthday my sweet Jaida! This year, birthday, was B.I.G. She talked about it for weeks....months actually. Since Friday the excitement has been over the top. Her 1st non-family only party on Saturday was MUCH anticipated!!! The the "real" birthday today was even more excitement! She woke VERY early today and helped me purchase the donuts at Krispy Kreme where 2 kind strangers heard it was her birthday and gave her a dollar! Presents followed, playing with the new toys, dinner at restaurant of her choice and ending the day with cake and singing. And then it happened.....the MELTDOWN, coming off the birthday high, just too much for my over-tired, over-stimulated birthday girl! What this "big" girl needed was a little rocking and singing. She melted into my arms. This precious child born in my heart years before she was physically born, has blessed this family immeasurably. I can't imagine "us" without "her"! She is spunky, funny, clever, shy at times, smart, kind, prissy, imaginative and did I mention cute? All 36 lbs of her, from head to toe, exudes personality. I am so blessed to call her daughter. God choose me to be her Mommy and I hope I rise to the calling. It was this little girl that opened our hearts to how much adoption changes your world and made us want to bring home 2 more. What a gift and treasure you are Jaida! Mommy loves you so much and I wish you a very happy 5th birthday!

1 comment:

  1. 5 is so BIG! Nadia has been talking about turning 5 since she turned 4. LOL.

    ReplyDelete