Monday, January 12, 2015

The Joys of a 4 Year Old

Being an older parent to a little one could seem daunting.
She is pure joy!
She makes me smile.
Amid AR reading tests, spelling words, times tables,  science fair projects, middle school drama, puberty, travel soccer, varied other sports, high school drama, AP tests, ACT tests, SAT tests, college recruiting, etc.....
my littlest, well, her "big" issues.....trying to get her "heavy" lunch box into her too high cubby hole at school and remembering to bring in a pair of mittens on "Winter Clothing Day"
It is so refreshing. 
 I am treasuring every moment of being her Mommy.
Here are a few "Luluisms" that are too cute not to write down!

"Hey Mommy! Look! There is an American-go-round like the one we went on at the zoo!"

"I am not going to be 5 I think. Cause then I be big and can't suck my thumb. I really like my thumb. So I not going to be big Mommy."

Running to me with her little arms in the air, "I need Mama love." (that means she wants me to hold her). She does this ALL THE TIME! The other day she did this and I held her and hugged her for a minute or two and then something made me have to put her down. About 10 minutes later she looked at me and said, " I need more Mama love cause that other one was just a half a Mama love. It too short."

She was quiet in the car for a few minutes so I glanced back at her and asked if she was ok. "Yes, I just sucking my favorite thumb." I asked her which one it was. She held up the right one and said,
"This one cause it tastes soooo good. It my best thumb!"

"I sometimes don't really like calendar time at school cause it a little bit boring." Why, I asked. "Cause you have to sit and be really quiet."

"Mommy? Why we call it "Mama love". Where did we get that???" eyes rolling and heading cocking 

"I not play house today because I not want to be the baby. Nadia and Scout ALWAYS be the Mommy and I ALWAYS be the baby!" Well, what did you play then, I ask? "I don't remember." :)

"Lulu, what letter is this?" as I hold up the letter "c". "Seven"....oh my!

"On those long days when I don't go to school, can you PLEEEEEASE play with me?"

Oh sweet baby! Thank you for granting me the pure pleasure of being your Mommy!
I am blessed by you!


No comments:

Post a Comment