Sunday, February 20, 2011

Girls' Weekend

Julia with her winner's medal and MVP trophy!

The final score!!!!


The girls getting their medals and team trophy.

On to soccer



Julia and I had a girls weekend that started Thursday morning as we departed for Greenville to play in the SC state home school Basketball Tournament Thursday and Friday. The Augusta Eagles middle school girls were very successful as they WON the tournament! Go Eagles!!!! And I have to brag for a quick moment, Julia won Most Valuable Player of the tournament. We are so very proud of her. She always gives everything 110% and she certainly did that here. All the girls gave it their all and it was a great 2 days! We enjoyed the fellowship as well with this wonderful group of parents and kids. Julia has made some really sweet friends through this team and we are very grateful and blessed.


Then we switched gears and sports and headed to Atlanta for a soccer tournament with her soccer club Saturday and Sunday. The weather was great, however the Bulls did not fair too well this tournament. We had 2 losses and 1 tie. We had some sick kids and some key players missing so we were at a little disadvantage. We had a fantastic weekend and I had a MUCH needed break! I so enjoy this first child of mine who is fast becoming grown up. She is a delight and I am so glad we had this special time together. Thank you Will and Mom and Dad for making all this possible. We could not have done it without all your help. It is now back to reality.....dishes, laundry, school, wiping fannies, cutting up food, preparing food, etc but I must say those 3 little sets of arms that wrapped around my neck when I got home and hugged me tight were missed tremendously!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment