Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day 1 at the orphanage

Hard. Sad. Overwhelming. Hopelessness. Helplessness. All words that describe today. Hug your children a little tighter. Be thankful for the blessings you have.Thank God you are family. Then please pray for those that don't have family. The orphans. The children we were with today. They are real. Real kids without. Real kids with special needs, medical issues, needing life saving surgeries, needing most of all….. love. And hope. I prayed over them today. Little people with such sadness in their souls, who smile when you hold their hands….and then don't want to let go. It is such a BIG problem where do you start. You give what you can and God multiplies it. Please Lord let me love big and give big these next 2 weeks and please multiply my humble gift.

3 comments:

  1. You just put into words what I was feeling the last two years! You have a gift for words! Hug those sweet babies a little tighter for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, This is Shannon's cousin. Just letting you know we are praying for you all! Praying God continues to give you the strength you need to keep on sharing His love with the children and staff there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amy, you are such a blessing. I have been praying for you, Julia and all the others that you are sharing this trip with. I know that you and Julia have a gift of touching everyone you meet with your joyful spirit. As I sit hear writing this I have tears running down my face. Thinking of how it takes so little to share our love but we fail to give it away, like it will somehow run out. As you share your love with those beautiful children, I pray that we can all open our hearts to share love with one another each day so that we can spread God's love every where we go. Bless you, bless you, bless you!! Stacy A.

    ReplyDelete